I am hosting this free Sew-Along sponsored by Megan and Meg of Urban Sewciety. My goal is to provide you with all of the information, guidance, and support that you need to create fun and whimsical Polaroid Blocks that you will be able to use in a variety of projects! You will learn how to piece the Polaroid blocks themselves, different techniques for setting them into larger blocks, and be inspired to create a finished project with them that you will love. At the same time, we hope that you are able to connect with a community of sewists on social media who have varying skills and a range of interests.
To find the other Polaroid Sew-Along posts and tutorials, please head over to the Polaroid Sew-Along Page!
Before I get into all of the technical details about the blocks and the more in-depth tutorials later this week, wouldn’t you like to know what goodies are up for grabs in the sew-along? OF COURSE YOU DO!!!
First and foremost, I’d love to offer you a button that I designed to use if you are going to be writing about the sew-along on your blog or on social media. Feel free to download the image below onto your computer to use on social media!
The Polaroid Sew-Along is being sponsored by Urban Sewciety. Each week, beginning the first week of May, they will be offering prizes to eligible participants. To learn more about our schedule and prize eligibility, please visit The Polaroid Sew-Along Information Page HERE.
Are you ready for the goodies? Then let’s go!
- All of the fabric you need to make 30+ polaroids! You will be receiving a surprise package of super cute and extra fun fussy cut squares, as well as all of the fabric you need to frame them, create a drop shadow, and add sashing. You can see the fabrics that are in the bundle you will be receiving over at Urban Sewciety.
- (please note: the image above is *not* an image of the actual fabric you will be receiving. These are the blocks that I am working on for my personal project. Part of the fun of Prize 1 is the surprise in opening up those fussy cut squares! The image is just an example of a drop shadow block ready for sashing.)
Prize 2: Paper Piecing Kit and Thread (5/19)
- A copy of the Polaroid Paper Piecing Pattern is being awarded by Kristy at Quiet Play!
- Urban Sewciety is throwing in all of the fabric needed to complete the pattern and a coordinating spool of Aurifil Thread! YES!
Prize 3: Handmade Seam Ripper and Seam Ripper Pin (5/27)
- This may be one of my favorite prizes. The winner will receive a handmade seam ripper by a local artisan, Wood Turner Dave Kother (examples of his work above). Along with the gorgeous seam ripper, Urban Sewciety is throwing in a seam ripper pin by Colette Patterns!
- Kristy is back this week and is offering $30 worth of Quiet Play Patterns to the Week 3 Winner!!
GRAND PRIZE: TBA – Valued at $150+
- I am SUCH a tease. I am not going to tell you the Grand Prize yet! I have visions of making this very dramatic Grand Prize Announcement after we kick off our sewing. I am absolutely terrible with surprises, but I think that in this case I need to stick to my guns. NO SPOILERS. Not even a single hint. Don’t even try to get it out of me…. Ok, maybe just one hint. I will tell you that the Grand Prize winner is going to be able to choose a Large Open Wide pouch that I’ve made (I have 6 or 7 fabric combinations in inventory to choose from! This bad boy has reinforced seams and is perfect for toting around projects). Inside the pouch will be a ton of goodies picked out by Urban Sewciety and valued at $150+! Have you guys seen these open wide pouches? They are huge. This is a large one. I can get a ton of yarn into one of these things, so this is going to be chock full of awesome. Are you excited?!
Polaroid Sew-Along Kits
If you would like to purchase a Polaroid Sew-Along Kit for the Sew-along, Urban Sewciety has them available for purchase HERE. They also have the white for the frame available if you need to pick some up. There will be an in-store event coming up in May, and if you are local and would like to be involved, I recommend getting the “right white” so that you can participate!
Where to Shop
I am so excited that Urban Sewciety has agreed to sponsor this Sew-Along. They are being incredibly generous with their prizes! Be sure to find them on the web and give them some love when you have a chance. Also, many of the items that will be a part of the prize packages can be found in their store.
Sign Me Up!
Subscribe today to get the latest updates on course offerings, new patterns, coupon codes, and free products!