Wordless Wednesday is officially lost on me. How could I stick up a picture like this, and not share with you how to make it? How could I tempt you will a color, flavor, and smell explosion through an image, and not communicate how absolutely divine this recipe is? It is easy as pie, takes only a small amount of monitoring, but takes a bit of baking time. So throw it together, and while it is cooking feel free to go do whatever else it is you do at 4:00 in the evening!
Recipe: Rosemary Olive Oil Roasted Potatoes
Source: Ina Garten (via Food Network)
- 1 1/2 pounds small red or white-skinned potatoes (or a mixture)
- 1/8 cup good olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoons minced garlic (3 cloves)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary leaves (note: USE FRESH!!!)
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
1) Cut the potatoes in half or quarters and place in a bowl with the olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic and rosemary; toss until the potatoes are well coated.
2) Dump the potatoes on a baking sheet (as you can see in the above image, I used my casserole) and spread out into 1 layer; roast in the oven for at least 1 hour, or until browned and crisp. Flip twice with a spatula during cooking to ensure even browning.
Remove the potatoes from the oven, season to taste, and serve.
The images that I’ve shared here today are before the potatoes were stuck in the oven. I didn’t have the light (or the time) to take a picture of what they look like roasted, sorry!!
Serving suggestions: I have had these with lemon and herb baked Tilapia, and last night we had them with Sausage-less Sausage (from Trader Joes) and Mozzarella, Roma Tomato, and Fresh Basil Omelets. They were great in both instances, but I’ve got to say, you just can’t beat breakfast for dinner (and leftovers for lunch!!)